[Gpdd] Health: eye injury

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 23:57:52 EDT 2005

Hello

I thought my Sabrina was developing a cataract. She is
an Abyssinian and they are prone to cataracts.
When I took a closer look, the eye was red in one
corner. I couldn't find anything in the eye though. My
husband kept saying it was a cataract and it did look
just like one. The red in the corner kept bothering me
though. I figured she had injured it.
I got her out later to look at her eye again. It
looked swollen so I pulled up her eyelid. There was a
small piece of hard hay stuck in her eye under her
eyelid. I pulled easy on it, but it was stuck into her
eye. I had to pull harder to get it out. She whinned a
little when it came out.
I could have kicked my butt for not looking under
there before. I have allergy eye drops so I put a drop
in. It seemed to help her eye pain. She had been
squinting her eye before the drops.
Her eye looks better today. The swelling is down and
the red in the corner is gone. Her eye is still a
little gray over the middle, but at least she is
better.
She was already on antibiotics for a UTI, so it is not
getting infected.

Dawnda

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com/

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.