[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Weezy & Roo: Pro Cuddlers

Jessica McGann jmcgann at mediastats.com
Fri Apr 8 08:39:59 EDT 2005

Just wanted to share with you the exciting news that Weezer and Roo will be
making monthly visits to Toronto Grace Hospital to hang out with the old
folks!  Everyone I met at the hospital seems really nice and they are
looking to extend their pet therapy program, so there are other
opportunities there too.  The pigs were a little nervous after their
excursion outside and driving in the car, and then being handled in a
strange environment.  I brought a thick blanket and three towels on the
outside chance that they had an accident... then they peed their way
through the whole meeting, soaking everything I brought for them and my
jeans too.  I reeked of hot, pungent urine the entire time and then had to
drive home that way too!  But the hospital staff were unfazed and assured
me that their bed pads would do the trick nicely (did you know that bed
pans are not actually pans?  I've been trying to figure that one out for
years!)
Phenomenal amounts of pee aside, the staff were very impressed with how
affectionate and docile the pigs are and anticipate a good response to the
sort of tactile comfort to be had by holding such a small, furry, quiet
little body.
Thanks so much to Lydia and Debbie for encouraging and advising!
We'll keep the GPDD up to date on our adventures!
Jessica, Weezer & Rooster.