[Gpdd] [CARE] Fighting (Wookie, Calvin, Hobbes)

DuctapeDaredevil at aol.com DuctapeDaredevil at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 22:49:07 EDT 2005

Thanks to all of you for your help.

As to the new cage suggestions - I would get them a bigger cage, or put them
in separate ones, but I have no more room.  They get along alright now,
especially when they have floor time.  Wookie was the previous alpha, and Calvin is
the alpha of the new pair.  Wookie and Calvin have settled down to mostly
rumblestrutting.  I do have them separated, in a similar way to the cage mesh -
our cage has two levels, with a ramp.  Wookie is on top, C&H are on the bottom,
and their food box is on the ramp, placed so they can touch noses, or even
pass through.  They understand that they can do this, but the don't have much
inclination to.  They have settled down a lot, and I thank you again for your
advice.

I also believe that, while a few of Wookie's injuries are from fighting, some
of them are from boredom and loneliness.  He was chewing his fur after Chewy
died, but stopped when C&H came.  I think he may have chewed down too far.
All wounds seem well healed now, or on the path to that, thankfully.

Wheeks+Treats,
Forest, Wookie, Calvin, and Hobbes