[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Cagemates

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 17:38:45 EDT 2005

Hello all. Need some advice. Today I put Lemi and Otis together for about the 5th time to play. They have been getting along better the last few playdates. They are both males. Anyway, today they had been having playtime for about 2 hours and were doing fine. They do their usual mounting, stealing of toys and napping together. After their nap, they decided to play again and it seemed a bit aggressive. I quickly separated them after some loud teeth chattering. They both kept climbing on top of eachother and the play just seemed a bit rough. The only indication of them not getting along was the chattering teeth. My question is, why would they, after 2 hours of playing well, all the sudden start to get mean towards eachother. And 2, is there still hope of them being cagemates?? When they are apart, they act like they can't stand it and they spend all their time gazing at eachother through the cage wires. i was hoping of making the 2x3 C&C bigger tihs weekend and putting them both in
 there but now I am having 2nd thoughts.
Melissa and the fighting boys