[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <itchy, flaky skin on rump>

Shannon Coffman sfrogc at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 23:57:19 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I know I've not posted much, but I'm rather concerned about my boy PigWig.  He has recently developed a patch of flaky skin, and when I tried to comb the area, the hair just came out, I've read some other postings that dealt with this, but I'm not sure how to treat it specifically.  I don't think its ringworm, since it's just in one spot on the rear, which is not a typical place for it to form (I've seen infected piggies at work at Petsmart), and I don't see it on my other pig.  I've also had some itchiness on my hands recently, and hope it's not something I spread to them or vice versa.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shannon, PigWig, and Afro