[Gpdd] Health: allergy?

Lyndsay Hunter lyndsayhunter1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 12:36:34 EDT 2005

Hello all,
A couple of weeks ago I posted about my Lucy, who had bloat.  Thankfully she recovered, with a little veterinary care and some medications.  We noticed when we gave her one of the medications, there was a lump under the skin.  The vet said it would dissipate over an hour or so, which it did...sort of.
Lucy now has a big scab there and two other places where we gave her the shots.  They are big scabs, obviously not from a little needle.  We are applying cream and the scabs are slowly clearing up.  They don't seem to be overly itchy or anything.  It just seems weird that this medicine just "killed" her skin in a couple of places.
Can guineas be allergic to certain medications?
Thanks.
Lyndsay