[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <itchy, flaky skin on rump>

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 21:37:51 EDT 2005

Hi Shannon

My girls always get ringworm spots on their rump. If
they sit in the same spot while they pee, then it
stays wet and fungus(ringworm)grows. I have been
trimming their hair on their rump. You have probably
just seen the extreme cases that has been untreated
for a long period of time. Some pigs are more prone to
ringworm and it seems to spread spread faster on some
pigs. If the hair comes out with the little hair
follicles attached to the bottom, it is ringworm.
I use the herbal remedy that Peter Gurney uses. If it
is a small spot, you can use 10 drops of grapefruit
seed oil to one tablespoon. Rub in the infected area.
That will usually take care of small patches.
I will sent you the information of the herbal remedies
from Peter Gurney's site.

Dawnda

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com/

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.