[Gpdd] health--bath time

Debbieganley debg43 at ij.net
Sat Apr 16 23:54:22 EDT 2005

I give my girls baths about every 3 months--Molly is short-haired & probably doesn't need it much, but Potter & Emma have hair for days & do tend to get a little yucky, especially around their back ends.  I put a towel in the kitchen sink so their feet don't slide around & keep dry towels handy to dry them off when we're done. Depending on your pig's reaction to baths you may want to hold him/her in one hand & wash the piggie with the other hand.    I adjust the water temp on the sprayer (check the temp of the regular faucet & the sprayer--they can differ) get them wet, soap them up & then rinse them quickly.  I dry them off with the dry towels--some people blow dry them with the low setting on a blow dryer, but I don't think my girls would put up with that!  You have to be careful about drafts, but we live in Florida & I only bathe the girls when it's nice & warm out, so that's not a problem for us.

I just came across a great shampoo--Hartz Mountain Living--Groomer's Best Puppy Shampoo (that's the whole name of it.)  It's a purple liquid, did a great job, rinsed very easily & left the girls very sweet-smelling & fluffy.

Good luck!  Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma