[Gpdd] HEALTH -- Calico Bleeding

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Sat Apr 16 23:26:34 EDT 2005

It is with great sorrow that I must announce that poor Calico has started to
bleed again.  He just had stone surgery a month ago today.  I haven't noticed
any blood since his surgery until today.  He was out in the cavy run for floor
time tonight when I noticed blood on the towels in the run.  I watched
carefully to be sure it was him, and I noticed him pee blood again.  I am extremely
upset about this.  Could he possibly have stones again so soon?  I am
wondering if he has a bladder infection, since his vet did not give him antibiotics
after his surgery and his bladder was very badly torn up.  He has been getting
bottled water, timothy pellets, timothy hay and a few select veggies (green and
red leaf lettuce, green pepper, baby carrot, and occasional romaine).  He has
also been getting herbal therapy (shilintong and some herbal teas).  I would
greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions for Calico and also any prayers
and healing wishes anyone would care to send his way.  I will contact his vet
on Monday to see what he thinks is happening, but would still appreciate any
advice or suggestions other slaves might have.  Sad wheeeeeeks from Debra and
the Story Piggies