[Gpdd] Care: GPs in Canada

milton.the_bold at virgin.net milton.the_bold at virgin.net
Sun Apr 17 06:36:13 EDT 2005

Hello all,
It's probably several years since I last posted.  I have three guinea pigs at the moment, Captain Noodle, Big Rumble and Wigwam, who share my house with my rabbit Fraulein Flopsy.
I was writing as my sister has announced her intention to emigrate to Canada.  This will happen in the next year or so.  If she likes it there, it is possible that I will consider emigrating myself, perhaps after a few years.
I just wanted to ask whether there are any GPDDers from Canada and whether they have any tips about how easy it is to keep guinea pigs (and rabbits) as house pets over there, particularly if renting.  Is it easy to find pig-friendly vets?  Is vet insurance available?  How easy it is to get the usual pet supplies (hay, shavings, bowl food etc?)?
Unlike my sister I have actually been to Canada, but only to the Toronto/Ontario region.
If you can e-mail me privately as well as to the Digest I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
Milton and the Lads
Captain Noodle, Big Rumble, Wigwam and Fraulein Flopsy