[Gpdd] [MISC] re: Piggies Save Slaves and You

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 17 12:47:06 EDT 2005

Britt-
I not only made it all the way through your story, I really enjoyed it!  We can all identify
with at least parts of it.  Fortunately I haven't had to experience losing a dear piggie
that you've been close to for so long, only the two babies that were stillborn (and I cried
over them like they had been with us a long time, but for not having had a chance to
get to know them); and I sit here now with tears running down my face for your heartache.
Our compliments to your Rob for standing by you and supporting you, and for giving
you that nudge.  Your grandmother sounds like she was a real character - sounds
like some of my family!
But most of all, you tell a wonderful story that will touch many people - I think you should
send it to a magazine, perhaps Readers Digest.  Not only for the human interest side
of the story, but it is also a great tool to promote guinea pigs for the wonderful companions
that they are (at the same time underscoring the importance of understanding their needs
and proper care).  I have copied your story and saved it in a special file, as I sometimes
do with other stories posted here by our friends, to read later, perhaps compile in my
own little notebook to share some day.
Thank you for sharing with us!
Susi and the Okie Piggies
(who I am now going to go give hugs to!) ;-)