[Gpdd] Health Question-GP stressors

Nancy Johnson motonurse130 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 17:54:29 EDT 2005

Hi to All,

I am preparing to welcome my first guinea to my home, have been reading a lot on the Internet and I am making a cavy cage, I already have my grids and talked with some sign companies about the corplast--.so should have that this week.  I do have a couple of questions and appreciate any experience.

First of all I was thinking that I should start off with one GP as I am a little nervous..want to do everything right..ie diet ...Vit C etc...., I do work and am the only one here (I'm a travel nurse) so when I'm at work he'll be alone (work a 40 hr week) is that too much for him to be alone? How can I tell if he is too lonely?

The other Q's, since I do travel, I move every 3 to 6 months.  Of course he will go with me, but will have to place in carrier for trip of 1 to 2 days( by car with overnight stop at hotel if can't get to new destination in one day)  and then reset up his habitat.  Will that be too stressful or as long as I let him out for breaks, and food water... during our trip and reassure him will he be okay?  I really have my heart set on one but I don't want to stress out the poor thing if this is too much on them.

I'm really excited and want to take good care of him.

Thanks for any responses.
Nancy