[Gpdd] HEALTH - Calico Bleeding

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 23:53:27 EDT 2005

Just a quick update on Calico.  I called his vet on Monday and filled him in
on Calico's bloody urine problem.  He prescribed an antibiotic for him to take
for 10 days (Ciprofloxicin).  I am to call back if the antibiotic doesn't
clear things up or if anything gets worse.  We are treating this as a bladder
infection for now, but if the antibiotic does not clear things up we will be
suspecting stones again.  Right now we are thinking positively and assuming that
he has an infection in his bladder.  It was very badly torn up from the stones
and the subsequent surgery.  He really should have had an antibiotic right
after surgery, but my vet is very very cautious on giving piggies antibiotics
because of their extreme sensitivity to them.  Sometimes I think he is a little
too cautious, but I tried to go along with his orders since he did pull Calico
through his surgery even when he was not in very good condition at the time.
Please keep Cally in your prayers.  I'm sure all of your prayers and healing
wishes helped pull him through his surgery.  Hopefully, it will help pull him
through this crisis as well.  Wheeeeeeks and Piggy Kisses to All of You from
Debra and the Story Piggies