[Gpdd] Announcement: Hotshot has escaped to the Rainbow Bridge

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 25 19:53:11 EDT 2005

This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write. Our dear little Hotshot has
been suffering since at least last Friday morning - that's when I noticed because
he suddenly stopped eating. Since then he's been to the vet twice, been syringe
fed and given medicines round the clock thinking he'd eaten some contaminated
clover or something. None of the others were sick.
But I was getting increasingly concerned because he wasn't getting much better,
so we were able to get in to an exotics vet today. He said he had an intestinal
blockage, and while attempting to treat him we lost him. It was just too much
for a brave little boy who was already overstressed.
When we got home I lay him on his towel on my bed, where he's spent the last
3 days, and each of the other piggies said goodbye to him. Little Buzzerre went
last, and spent some time alone with him. Then she sat a while inside the carrier
he's been staying in. They are very quiet this evening, very sad.
The piggie food dish just came today from Laurie-Jean that I had ordered for them;
I've cleaned that box and fixed it for him, padded and lined with a piece of dark
green velour, saving a matching piece to make a piggie pocket from for Buzzz.
As soon as I get hold of Brittany we will make final arrangements for the graveside
service at the family plot - under the tree and bushes, beside the pond where
Primoz and Lil Whisper are.
But they aren't there, and he won't be, either. They are already leaping among
the clovers at the Rainbow Bridge.
Goodbye Hotshot. We love you, and you will be missed.

Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy & CocoPuff, Rosie & Lil' Whistle, Buzzerre
Harley Pigg & Buster
Mac da Roanie, Lady Bug & Bonnie B.G.

I want to give a special thanks to Tex, Dawnda, Trina and Stacy for their
help over the weekend.  And please, when they tell you to go immediately
to an exotics vet experienced with guinea pigs - do it.