[Gpdd] MISC: Floor time

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 13:00:16 EDT 2005

First, i would like to say sorry to everyone who has lost a pig. It always saddens me to read those posts because it makes me think how quickly our little guys can go, especially the people who's pigs were fine and then all the sudden are gone. I guess all we can do is just love them as much as we can while they are around.
On another note, I had a question about floor time. How does everyone set up their floortime. When i had one piggie, he was trustworthy enough not to take off in the apt. But not that i have 2, I don't trust them. I used to set up the extra pieces of cubes to make a playpen ring which i lined with a shower curtain and then some old sheets. I am finding this is a lot of work. I have a pretty small kitchen and was thinking about just letting them run on the tile. It would be easier to clean up and since i used my extra pieces of cube pieces to expand their cage, i won't have to try and create barriers.I worry, however, that while they are running aroundon the floor, they might lick up the Mr Clean that I mopped the floor up with the previous week. I live in an apt so getting a small childrens pool is not an option as i have no where to store it. Do others let them run around on the tile floor?
Thanks, Melissa