[Gpdd] RE: [MISC] Floor time

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 23:48:50 EDT 2005

Regarding floor time, I let my pigs run around on the kitchen floor and they mostly run around the kitchen table, which of course has an area rug.  After floor time there, I go around the carpet on my hands and knees, pick up the poos (the ones my dog doesn't eat or get to), feel for any wet spots and clean it with carpet shampoo if I find one.  I also sometimes let them run around the computer room where their cage is, but I only allow two or 3 at a time.  I put a few towels down but there are spots that they can get at the carpet.  Again, I feel around the floor for any mess.  I steam clean the carpet every few months so Im not really concerned too much and since I always clean up the mess with spot cleaner and carpet shampoo, there isn't any problems.  Now this might sound like a lot of work but it works for me.

I am curious of how others deal with floor time.

Wheeks,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the newest additions, Ivy, Flint, Ashby and my foster, Hazelnut (Cocoa, Nutmeg, & Ginger has found homes)

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"