[Gpdd] MISC. - rodeoing without Rodeo bud

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Thu Apr 28 10:19:38 EDT 2005

    Last weekend our rodeo season began for the year and we had a great time. Poor Rodeo Bud had to stay home but he didn't seemed phased by being left. Here in northern Minnesota it has been VERY COLD and I probably would have left him home even if we still had the big trailer. There's just too much chance of drafts!
     It was a great relief to me that I had a great time, staying in hotels and eating out worked so well. This means that I can still continue to enjoy my horse and husband's hobby on the road. Bud will come when the hotels where we stay will accommodate his little travel cage. My horse is happy I can continue because he LOVES to travel. He's very social!

     On a different note, Bud has never been a loud wheeker. He will beg quietly for his morning or evening treats or chew on the end of his sipper tube when he's waiting for his morning piece of banana, his favorite treat of the day. However, he has now really discovered his voice and wheeks at the top of his lungs for....FRESH GRASS.
     You really have to be a slave to cut grass here yet. It is just starting to come up and each morning I can't cut because there's frost on it. But in the evening I'm walking the property searching for clumps big enough to cut and gathering enough for Bud to get a rack full. This really is slavery!!! When I start to walk near the back door now he starts wheeking at the top of his lungs! I can't believe this transformation! He still wheeks quietly for everything else but grass tops the charts. It is so funny.
     What is also funny is that when I'm out cutting grass for Bud, my horse is watching me like a hawk. He thinks I'm cutting grass for him and he's as eager for it as Bud is.

Carla and Noisy Bud