[Gpdd] behavior: floor time and a question

Alanna Brock alannalanglois at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 29 18:28:17 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone!

Zippy is mad at me because she says I have not been writing to the GPDD enough, so I am trying to work on that for her :)

Zip loves her "floor time" although we call it "pig run" becuase that is what she does. We just put her on the carpet and she has the run of the first floor for awhile. It's just me and my husband, so she can't be hurt and she litterally runs laps around the living room. She loves to play under the chairs and couches and she has a little tent that I found at the pet store that she loves to hide in, plus I put timothy hay in it so she can have a little snack. We like to lay on the floor and play with her, she'll come up to us and give a kiss and then run away, it's so funny. She'll adventure onto the linoleum in the kitchen every now and then, but she doesn't like how it feels and will quickly come back to the carpet. Sometimes she has accidents, but she's very particular and doesn't like to wee anywhere but her cage so we scoop her up every twenty minutes or so and she just goes in her cage.

Here's my question - lately Zippy has had white pee; not all the time but sometimes there are white, chalky, chunks in her cage and the only place they can come from is her. Has anyone else had this problem, any suggestions. We just went to the vet for a check up and Zippy is a healthy piggy except for this new problem.

Zippy wants me to ask if there are any other piggies in the Indianapolis area, she thinks a pignic would be so fun:) also, she wants to say wheek, wheek, wheek to the other Zippy out there!

Have a great day!

Alanna and Zippy

Alanna Langlois
Senior Beauty Consultant