[Gpdd] Fw: [HEALTH] Serious problem;hair loss,wt loss, wheezing

Hoop hoop at blueberrycampground.com
Fri Apr 29 21:44:42 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Hoop
To: gpdd at gpdd.org
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 9:33 PM
Subject: [HEALTH] <add your subject here>

Hello from Maine,
We have had a female piggie for 3 years and last year was given a neutered male piggie by a friend who had to give him up because she was allergic.    In the last few months my female has become very, very thin and is very thirsty all the time.  She has always been a smaller teddy anyway, but she is getting skinny. She is losing patches of fur also, and little scabes, but I dont see her ever fighting with the male. She also sometimes wheezes, but no coughing.  My mom thinks she is diabetic.  When I feed her, she is happy to see me and purrs, then she eats like she is starving.   I feed them every morning and every night with pig food and timothy hay and treats like lettace or carrots.  I fill her water bottle twice a day sometimes.  What should I do??  I am so worried,  can you help me. Thanks, from Shan and Angelface.