[Gpdd] [CARE] re: Floortime

lisa.sharpcrew.com lisa at sharpcrew.com
Sat Apr 30 11:21:42 EDT 2005

Hi all!

I've not had much time to post lately but I've been doing a pretty good job
of keeping up w/my reading.  It breaks my heart to learn of all the passings
lately.  I cry for each and every one of them.

Now, my 2 cents on floortime.  My spoiled crew has pretty much an entire
room to theirselves so they have floortime 24/7.  But for the times I want
to bring them downstairs to be with the family while we watch tv I have made
a playpen using those cube squares and zip-ties.  It folds easily for
storage after floortime and is ready in seconds for the next one!

For floor covering I have used a variety of things.  The best being a
lambswool-like dog bed (found at PetSmart) with a waterproof pad (I used a
pooch-pad, also from PS) underneath it.  The dog bed is flat on the bottom
with bolstered sides to prevent pee (you girl-pig-owning slaves know what I
mean!) from flying out of the enclosure.

Now, the floor coverings were things I had anyway, as I have 2 dogs, one of
which is handicap and needs the waterproof pad!  I'm sure there are a ton of
other things to use and you may have some around the house already!

Lisa , Fuzzy, Zoe and Ozzy