[Gpdd] MISC- new piggie behavior

rzm.2 at juno.com rzm.2 at juno.com
Mon Aug 1 12:36:26 EDT 2005

Kayla-
What your piggie is doing is perfectly normal for a new piggie. I'm sure he is quite nervous & has not had the chance to get to know you yet. It take a while to build up trust with piggies. In the wild they were prey animals, and therefore are very nervous little creatures until they realize that nothing is going to hurt them in their new environments. It took my guinea pig, Albert, months before he would let me pick him up without running from me. Also with the scratching issue, you might want to be sure his nails aren't overgrown. He may still scratch you, but if his nails get trimmed they won't be as sharp on the ends. Try checking out some good piggie websites for more info on new piggies. Here's a couple suggestions:
http://cavyspirit.com.htm
	http://www.cavycages.com
	http://www.guinealynx.info
	http://www.caviesgalore.com