[Gpdd] [Health] GP skin problem...

Jenna T. tenetylo at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 15:29:18 EDT 2005

Laura,

I don't know if anyone responded to you yet - but I wanted to write ASAP b/c
my piggie Louie is going through the same thing... he is/was itching and
scratching himself open :(   We thought it was mites... but it is probably
not b/c my other piggie Fuzzy doesn't have them and they share toys and
blankets to sleep on... we started giving him childrens benadryl - .5 cc.
We got a tiny syringe (with out the need of course) to messure this small
amount - we were advised to give it to him twice daily... he immediately
cleared up!!! and was happier!!! our piggie we believe has allergies
(although - we don't know to what).... but the benadryl will help with the
itching :)  ask your vet - but I'd advise to try that route if you haven't
already... Louie likes the flavor also - so it works out well :)
Let me know if you have any other questions -and also if it works out!!!
like I said before though - contact your vet b/c your piggies weight might
change the dosage (Louie is about 2.25 pounds...)

weeeeeeks!
louie, fuzzy, max the bun and jenna