[Gpdd] HEALTH - To Jennifer About Shilintong

Janelle D. Smith janelle300 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 2 14:42:04 EDT 2005

Hi Jennifer,  Are you giving Bob Bob Black Sheep two Shilintong tabs a day?
That's what my Vet told me to do.  I could not syringe it to either of my
female piggies.  Like, Bob, they hate the stuff!!  So I crush it and put it
on a favorite, damp veggie or fruit.  I usually sprinkle it on some Romaine
lettuce and roll it up like a burrito.  I also hold it while they eat it or
some of the powder spills out.  I know Romaine (or any dark green, leafy
lettuce ) is not good for a bladder stone piggie.  But the pros far outweigh
the cons.

Most people will say that Shilintong will relax the urethra and help the
stone(s) to pass.  But with my 2 female pig's, it actually shrank the stones
into tiny crystals.

So they will get Shilintong for the rest of their lives.  I give it to them
for 3 months and then they get to go one month without it.  They also take
Metacam (11 drops a day) and Cosequin For Cats for bladder wall thickness
and irritation.  Hope this helps.

Warm wheeks, Janelle

P.S.  You can also ask, Leah, if you have any questions.  She is able to
syringe it to her Brownie Bear.