[Gpdd] HEALTH - To Jennifer About the Shilintong Again

Janelle D. Smith janelle300 at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 3 22:35:36 EDT 2005

Hi Jennifer,  That's great that you can syringe the Shilintong to Bob Bob
Black Sheep.  When I tried doing that, I had a mess!  I put a little in
their mouth.....and then they spit and shook their heads at the same time.
I had the stuff everywhere.  It even splattered on my 45 year old, cloth
wallpaper in my dining room.  That cloth can never be replaced   >sigh<!!
And both of my pig's have been on 2 tabs of Shilintong for about two years
with no problems.  The secret is to NOT miss or skip doses.  Like I said,
they get it for 3 months at a time, and then get to go a month without
taking it.

I got the Cosequin For Cats from my Vet.  They also make Cosequin For Dogs.
But my pig's really hate the stuff.  It smells (and must taste) like tuna
and chicken.  It says so on the box.  They each get 1/2 a capsule daily.
It's a powder.  It has reduced their bladder wall thickness and has also
reduced inflammation.

Janelle with Pepper, Spicey, Yoshi and Nutmeg.