[Gpdd] re: misc: my hamster

DunxUK at aol.com DunxUK at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 13:07:53 EDT 2005

Hi
I had the same thing, I adopted a long haired syrian hamster who had his
hind foot eaten off by a sibling (urgh!)
As no one wanted him, he was given to one of the rescues to be put asleep,
luckily I was in when he came in, and so I adopted him. He ran like he was
slightly drunk, and sometimes fell off the bars of his cage when he was
climbing, but he lived a very long and very happy hamster life.
 As long as he has no infection due to his loss (although he could  have been
born without) then he will be fine.
We would forget that Lunar had no foot, as his hair covered his stump most
of the time, so do not feel bad about not noticing - also hamsters tend to
mature very early in life, and if they start small will tend to remain small, so
as long as he is looking healthy for his size just enjoy his little  antics.
Hope this helps
Lisa and the Scottish piggie clan (still missing Mel, but all your  kind
words have helped)