[Gpdd] CARE/HEALTH - claws don't grow

Andrew a.mills at portset.net
Thu Aug 4 14:00:33 EDT 2005

Not really sure whether this should come under care or health, but does anyone else have a guinea pig whose claws don't grow?  Most of my guinea pigs need their claws clipped fairly regularly.  However, I have a two year old female dalmatian whose claws do not appear to grow.  It's not that she doesn't have any, it's just that they seem to stay short and don't get any longer.  I'm wondering whether they just don't grow or whether she bites off the ends and keeps them trimmed down herself.  I know dalmatians can have some genetic problems, for instance I know you should never breed two dalmatians together, so was wondering if this could also be genetic.  What does everyone think?  She appears to be perfectly healthy so I'm not worried about it, I'd just like to know what people think.