[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - I decided I wouldn't be getting any more guinea pigs, who am I kidding?!

Andrew a.mills at portset.net
Thu Aug 4 14:00:31 EDT 2005

Well, this all started about 6 weeks ago.  I was in one of the local pet shops and as usual was having a chat about the animals.  The owner said one of her guinea pigs had just had a litter and that two of them looked a bit different, she thought they were possibly going to be rex.  Well, that was enough.  I didn't say anything, but I made up my mind that I wanted to see these babies when she brought them into the shop.I knew that, if everything went to plan, this would be the week that they would be brought in as they would be 6 weeks old.  Unfortunately I couldn't get to the shop this week, but I knew my aunt would be able to look in for me to see if they were there and, if so, tell me what they were like and get one if I wanted one.  She went in today.  One had already been sold but the other was still there.  They're actually not rex, I'm pretty sure he's a texel.  He has the long, curly coat of a young texel, almost like a little tiny sheep.  Aunt came and told me about!
  him and said that I'd have to hurry up and say whether I wanted him or not because she had to tell the shop.  Well, I debated for a few minutes but decided that it was too good a chance to miss.  Texels are quite rare around here and I might not see another for a long time.  He's really cute, all fluffy and curly.  He's got a white body and a multi-coloured head and bottom.  He seems to be quite big for 6 weeks, but obviously looks bigger because of his long curly coat.  I think he must have been handled quite a bit, he seems to be quite relaxed when you hold him.  So, we've got another little new addition to our zoo!