[GPDD] Bridge: Lilac has passed over the Bridge

Cavykatie at aol.com Cavykatie at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 22:02:14 EDT 2005

This evening, my Lilac passed over the Rainbow Bridge.  She was  a six year
old Dutch/Abyssinian mix with a heart of gold.  She went  peacefully in our
arms after snuggling with me (and the towel that she was  on) for a while, and
then her whole body twitched a couple times and she  was gone.  She didn't
suffer, and she lived to the ripe (or at least  relatively ripe) age of six.  She
lived a very happy life.  She  was the wonderful mommy of the late Harry and
Rose.  She also joins  her "cousins" Wooly Bear and Tiptoe across the Bridge.  I
know that  they are all happily together now (she was a very loved piggy by
each and every  member of our pig clan), but it's painful nonetheless.  She
will be greatly  missed by all of us--especially Scamper, her "sister" and best
friend.   Scamper and Lilac shared many a happy time together, snuggling,
romping around,  and chewing everything that they could get their little piggy
teeth on  (including an antique rug...or, at least it used to be a rug. I'm not
sure  exactly what it is anymore... :)

I ask that you please keep us in your prayers, especially Scamper, who  tends
to mourn the deaths of her cagemates (regardless of what people  insist,
Scamper will be the first to show them that piggies really do  mourn).

Thank you
Katie & the Cavies
    ~Scamper, and always remembering Lilac, Harry,  Rose, Tiptoe, & Wooly Bear