[Gpdd] RE: Health: Pudgy Pig Question and Chloe

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 11:06:13 EDT 2005

Kimi,
Chloe is not alone.  My Isabel went for yearly wellness check last
month and was proclaimed to be in great health, but overweight....I
still think she's beautiful.....  At any rate, the vet said that she
should not get any pellets at all but given as much hay as possible to
eat.  Her vegetable intake was to be cut by 25 % and fruit is to be
given sparingly.  Floor time is critical for exercise, but this isn't
an issue for Isabel since she gets about 4-5  hours of floor time a day
and has an extra large cage.  I have found those little play pens they
sell at the pet store work great at blocking off areas of the room
where the piggies shouldn't venture for their own safety.  Hope this
helps.

  BTW, the vet has Isabel scheduled for a weigh in next week---I keep
saying that it's her metabolism and is in her genes....At least that's
always the excuse I've used for myself!

Janet, along with Isabel (who really would prefer more treats) and Lily
(who can't understand why she's being treated the same as her
sister--no one told HER to diet!)