[Gpdd] CARE: Gender Identification

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 18:08:04 EDT 2005

Hi Yuka,
You say:

> Two of them have small bumps (more like flesh colored pimples) on
> the top part of their "Y", but they are not particularily centered.

My guess (but it's only that, a guess) is that the piggies with the small
bumps are boys. I went thru the same thing, thought I accidentally had a boy and
a girl (it turned out to be 2 boys, just as I'd wanted). The two piggies in
question, Charlie and Chester and about 1   1/2   week apart in age and were
about the age your are now. I was all in a dither when I thought I had opposite
genders. I do not want to add to the GP population, just care for those already
here as so many already need homes.
     I didn't try the lower abdominal pressure thing. I have no skill at it
and so didn't want to try it. Those tiny bumps above the Y, however, were their
little boy parts.

To Others:
I keep saying that I'm not online much thse days so I am missing so much tho
thinking of all of you. I read a gpdd and see that several of our little ones
have been lost to us, crossed the Bridge where they'll be happy and healthy
once again.
     Forgive me for for not knowing of these crossings, and all of you who
have lost their beloved little ones -- please accept my condolences.
     Each piggy that has been loved leaves a hole in our hearts, but how
fortunate for each of these piggies to have had someone to love and care for
him/her. We truly do something of worth when we commit ourselves to the care of one
or more of these precious creatures.

Wishing comfort to all,
Alge and the Jolly Rodents