[Gpdd] [Health] Diahhrea

Sandi Korman sdattler at axcessystems.com
Wed Aug 10 12:21:47 EDT 2005

Hope someone can help me.

I took my piggie to the vet a few wheeks ago because he wasn't eating.  It turned out that he broke his molars and they were growing into his cheeks and causing him too much pain to eat.  The vet fixed this problem and gave me antibiotics to give him.

A few days later, Bert had mushy poops.  I took him back to the vet and she said that I should stop the antibiotics and to keep an eye on him.

A few days later, he had diahhrea.  I took him back to the vet and they gave him .5cc's flagyl 2x a day and .3 cc's sulfatrim 2x a day.  It's been about 10 days and the vet told me to give him the meds for 14 days.  He still has mushy poops (no Diahhrea though).  Does anyone have any knowledge of these meds and how long it takes for the mushy poops to stop?  He's eating/drinking and playing normally.

I have a call in to the vet for 2 days now and I haven't heard anything back.  I've left numerous messages too.

HELP ME please!!

Sandi Korman
VIP/Axces Systems Division
ph:  516 333 8585 x 14