[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Allergies, news article, mushy poops

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:32:56 EDT 2005

Greetings fellow slaves,

I, too, have allergies to many things...my piggies and their hay included. I
take Allegra 180mg once a day and this has really helped me. However, I
still, every now and then, break out in small hives on the skin of my inner
arms when I cuddle my piggies. I try to be careful about my neck and face,
but they love to crawl up under my hair, and sometimes I just can't resist
giving them kisses on their velvety-soft little ears. I guess I will be
doomed as well, because I also get carried away and kiss them right on their
cute little piggie noses, and...do I dare admit this...right on their
precious little pink mouths... not too often, because they don't like
it...but the nose seems to be okay! I can't seem to help myself...they are
just too cute sometimes and I figure it's better to kiss 'em than to squeeze
'em, although at times I am hard pressed not to do both!

About the mushy poop problem...Flick has had a problem with this lately,
after being on antibiotics and other meds for several weeks. I have to be
careful not to give him too many greens or other veggies, and I also took
him off of his antibiotic for a few days to see if that would help. I also
bought a bottle of iFlora4pets and will begin sprinkling a little on the
small amount of veggies that he gets once a day. He has to go back on the
antibiotic, because he is still passing some blood in his urine, but I
wanted to give his GI tract a chance to recover a little.

Just have to comment on the piggie songs...fool that I am, I sing to mine
when I get up in the morning...usually making it up as I go. Then, at snack
time, I start singing again as I'm passing out the goodies. It's
funny...they know which song means that a treat is coming and start
squeaking away. I like to think that they're singing along with me. Also,
each piggie has his/her own little song. When I'm cuddling that particular
one, I sing them their song. Believe it or not, they each recognize their
own song, and will react to it even if I'm not holding them when I sing it.
It is so neat! Our late Big Cinnamon was so cute...he could be in a sound
sleep, but just let someone start singing his song...he perked up pretty
fast! I guess he associated it with getting a treat. I won't say which tunes
I put the words to...then you'll KNOW I'm crazy! Ha! Ha!

Wishing you all a wonderful day,
Sherry and the Piggie Pals
piggiepals4u.blinkz.com