[Gpdd] MISC - allergies - red bumps

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 15:49:08 EDT 2005

Sherry and anyone who suffers (as I do) from red bumps on forearms after cuddling pigs:

I understand that what we're allergic to is the piggies' urine, as picked up in their little claws.

What someone on the Digest suggested many moons ago is to wear an old, long sleeved shirt while holding your pig.

I also like to place my piggy on an old towel (for example, hand towel folded in half).  This protects my arms from piggy's claws, and keeps piggy "bundled" and safe, and helps in case of "accidents."

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Sundae and Tosca
and Taffy in mem