[Gpdd] SILLY: Guinea Pig Pop

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:18:10 EDT 2005

Rayna, this is especially for you.   :)    :)    :)
The rhythms of some of the lines will not be exactly
the same as Crocodile Rock - I took liberties. . .(sorry)

Guinea Pig Pop

Verse:
I've had critters since I was young,
And I've dearly loved every one.
To the Bridge some now have gone
And in my heart they each have a special place of their own.
But the biggest kick I ever got
Was watchin' a thing called the Guinea Pig Pop.
While the dogs and cats napped or chased socks,
The pigs were hoppin' and boppin' to the the Guinea Pig Pop.

Chorus:
Oh, GuineaPig Poppin' can be quite a shock;
     their little feets just can't be still!
I never saw anything more fun and I guess I never will.
Lawdy, mama, those amazing heights
When my piggies popcorned with all o' their might!
Man, that GuineaPig Poppin' was just out o' sight. . .
~~~~~~~~~
Laaaaaaaa (*WHEEK*)
La la la la laaaaaa (*wheek* *wheek*)
La la la la laaaaaa (*wheek* *wheek*)
La la la la laaaaaa (*wheek* *wheek*)
~~~~~~~~~

Verse:
Well, time goes by and piggies grow in size;
And poppin' gets hard - it's not as easy to rise.
Now they have a different way of makin' the scene,
Like rumblestruttin', playin' tag, and eatin' their greens.
But sometimes I see my piggies stop,
And then they'll do a few quick Guinea Pig Pops;
And we laugh as our memories take flight
Back to younger days of poppin', with joy and delight.

Repeat chorus
Repeat "la la's" x 2

Candy; Topper and Mollie (who both provide the *wheeks* in the chorus)

I'd like to see the lyrics to Guinea Pig Pop.  Crocodile Rock was HUGE
when I was in high school, and so has been indelibly etched into my
brain.  I realize that I'm dating myself
here............................but SOMEONE has to date me.
Badump bump.
--
Wheeks,
Rayna, Sundae and Tosca