[Gpdd] MISC. - Trust

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Mon Aug 15 10:24:34 EDT 2005

How trusting would YOU be?

    Every once in a while on the Digest someone is concerned that their new guinea pig isn't warming up to them or trusting them as quickly as they think the little piggy should. What amazes me isn't that it takes a while for our piggies to trust us. It's that they EVER trust us at all.
    Think about this:

    I am 5 foot 5 inches tall and weigh 120 lb. That's fairly average for a woman, but who's average anyway? Bud weighs about 2 lb. 4 oz. but, for the sake of making this easier, I'm going to pretend he weighs 2 1/2 lb., which is fairly average for a GROWN guinea pig. He seems to be about 4 inches tall when he's standing on all fours.
    If I pretended I was a guinea pig, and my owner were proportionally my size, my owner would be 16.25 times taller than I am and weigh 48 times more than I do. That means my owner would be over 88 feet tall and weigh 5760 pounds, nearly 3 tons. How quickly would I come running when this MONSTER called? How eager would I be to be PICKED UP by this owner? How eager would I be to jump up on this person's lap?
    Then how happy would I be when the unpleasant things had to be done to me: like getting "cleaned out", syringe fed, or having my nails trimmed?
    It is a miracle to me that our little friends not only tolerate us but come to love and trust us and actually call to be played with. My thanks go to God that he didn't give Bud my mind or my level of trust.

Carla and Trusting LITTLE Bud