[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE - Sundae

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 20:15:17 EDT 2005

Sorry this is so long - after all the Rainbow Bridge postings I've read (and cried over), this is the first time I've had to write one.

My beloved Sundaepig passed away last night between midnight and 7 am.  She had been ailing since March, when she was diagnosed with an abdominal mass at her annual well piggy check up.  As she was at least 7 years old, we decided to keep her comfortable and make her last days happy ones.

Only problem was, nobody informed Sundae that these were her last days.  She continued to be her normal, happy, loving self, eating and pigticipating and generally enjoying life.  If she had any discomfort, she never complained.  Even last night, she was enthusiastically munching her favorite foods:  grapes, baby carrots, romaine and cantaloupe rinds.  She always purred loudly when I petted her.

Sundae came to me in March of 99, by the kindness of a Digest member (I apologize that I can’t name you, but if you’re reading, you know who you are and how much I appreciate what you did) who responded when I was looking for a friend for my late Taffy.  I went to the Petco to check her out and found her beautiful and healthy, bright eyes, shiny black and white fur, with a rosette on her head, which gave her a jaunty air.

Sundae liked visiting friends, little kids, old folks, my students.  She was pigsonality plus, always a hit.  She even went to church to be blessed on St. Francis’ feast day.

Sundae attended many Illinois Pignics, and once she and I won the piggy/human look alike contest.  She and her late sister Taffy were also members of the (virtual) Pink Ladies Club.  (They thought they were very tough, like motorcycle mamas, and no one ever had the heart to tell them otherwise.)

Cindy, Sundae loved wearing the gorgeous black satin formal that Calliope designed for her for a virtual party they attended.

David, I understand what you meant by having an ailing pig that you are always fearing to find passed on, and yet who lasts and lasts, to your amazed delight.

Dee, I understand what you meant by the privilege of caring for a geriatric piggy.  (I think this was Dee, if not, I apologize.)

Carla, I totally agree with you that piggies give us so much love and pleasure, that the pain of losing them is by comparison a small part of our lives together.  And no, I can’t bring myself to alter my signature just yet……………….

Rest in peace, Sundaepig.  Mama will always love you.  You always gave your very best, and now your little piggy soul is in animal heaven at the Rainbow Bridge with all our beloved departed ones.

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Sundae and Tosca
and Taffy in mem