[Gpdd] Misc: Piggie Rodeo

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 16 13:48:16 EDT 2005

[This was sent last weekend, but I haven't seen it posted yet -
please forgive me if I've duplicated it!]

Since our a/c conked out we are grateful for every little break in the heat, and
yesterday a rain storm moving across brought a nice drop in temperatures.
We even turned off the fans overnight. Of course, we all feel better when there
is a break in the weather like this, and I have often noticed the horses running
and kicking and acting silly when there is a sudden change like this.

So I wasn't too surprised to see all the pigs hopping around, enjoying the cool.
But then last night there was a rodeo on tv, IPR from Sallisaw, OK.   (Most of
you know that the OP's watch tv) .   They were fascinated with the bull riding
and bronc riding, and soon were all popcorning and going wild, having their
own rodeo!    They also enjoyed the roping and barrel racing,  hopping and
racing around each time a contestant started their run. Mr. Dash certainly
lived up to his name - he raced madly around his yard, occasionally bumping
into Potsy if he happened to be in the way. He had some sort of pattern of his
own going, not just circling the perimeter, but dashing into a corner and doing
an about face, occasionally hopping up on top of their little house and diving off
into a pile of hay!   Except for that leaping, his turns and speed would put any
barrel horse to shame   -   he was absolutely inspired!    They did seem a bit
confused with the Wild Cow Milking, watching those two cowboys wrestling
with that big cow, but then they ran away from her in the end.
Of course, the Okie Piggies enjoy just about any show with animals, as well
as those with children and music.   They really enjoyed the music specials
on our PBS station, especially the music of the 60's and the Mamas and
Papas (they also like country, bluegrass and gospel).
There will be another rodeo on tonight, I'll look forward to watching the OP's
watch it - maybe I should tape it so they can enjoy it often!  Again, gotta
get that PigCam set up!
Let your piggies watch a rodeo and see what happens!

Susi and the OP Rodeo Team

Susi and the Okie Piggies
okie-piggies.blinkz.com