[Gpdd] Announcement: Rainbow Bridge

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 17 01:27:08 EDT 2005

Sadly, Lil' Whistle went to the Rainbow Bridge this evening.
I doubt there was anything that anyone could have done by
the time we realized there was a problem, though we tried
our best.  I wish these little guys weren't so good at hiding
their illnesses.  I had fed him a bit this evening - he even ate
a bit of lettuce - and held him, took him for a walk, let him
look at Bing's website a while, and some pigtures of some
of his friends, then left him to rest while I went to a rabbit
club meeting. Now I wish I had stayed home.
By the time I got home he was gone.   Rosie was sitting
beside him, as she had been when I left.
I found a nice little box, lined it with dark blue fabric all covered
with stars, and lay him in it on a bed of his favorite hay. As with
Hotshot and Lady Bugg, I placed him on my bed, and let the
other pigs say their goodbyes to him. Mom Snowy and
Dad CocoPuff each murmured their goodbyes, sniffing at him,
then sat beside Rosie a while.  Rosie is still with him,
she climbed in the box with him.  I'll have to go put her up
in a minute, but thought I'd give her a few more minutes.

We will always remember his deep, blueberry eyes, soft golden
agouti coat with the little white stripe on top of his head. That,
with his tan tummy, made him look like a chipmunk. He knew
he was special. Too special to only be here a year and a half.
Or, maybe too special to stay. He must have been needed at
the Bridge. He was our special pellet taster, the pig who had
to have breakfast in bed each morning.

Services will be tomorrow, under the tree by the pond, next to
his brother Primoz and sister Lil Whisper, as well as Nala Bunny,
Hotshot and LadyBugg. But that is only where we gather - I know
he is already playing and munching with his friend Snickers and
the others at the Rainbow Bridge.

Goodbye, for now, dearest Lil' Whistle - you will be missed.

Susi and the Okie Piggies ~
Rosie, OP
Snowy & CocoPuff
Buzzerre & Potsy and Family