[Gpdd] FEEDING: Safe herbs?

mtjaffe at verizon.net mtjaffe at verizon.net
Thu Aug 18 16:25:32 EDT 2005

Hi: was wondering if any one knows whether the herb, sage, is safe for piggies?  My Lucky really likes it (I'm sort of surprised because of its pungent odor but he also likes oregano and basil).  If it is OK for him that would be nice because it doesn't have high oxalates and basil does.  I have seen it on lists that say "some forms" can have nitrates which could be poisonous.  Any one knowledgeable in the herb world?  Continue to struggle for a variety of greens that are low in oxalates (he was a stone piggie).
Thanks, Lucky's slave