[Gpdd] Elvis has left the building

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 20:53:57 EDT 2005

The sad note below is from Brook Shaffer.  I've never met a pig  who liked a
hammock as much as Elvis.

Elvis Parsley crossed over the Rainbow Bridge early morning August 18,  2005.
He passed away peacefully in his sleep.

Elvis was the old man  of the group, having come to live with myself and Miss
Pooh late November,  1999. At the time he was already a year old and had
lived most of that year  in the Pinellas County SPCA. He tried his best to be
a faithful friend to  Pooh, but she was happy with cage bars between them
where she could rub  noses with him when SHE decided it was a good time to do
so.

Because  his love was never returned and he had so much friendship to offer
another  piggie, his budpig Toblerone (Toby) Boar came to live with him early
2000.  He and Toby remained close until Toby's surprise passing in December
2004.

Elvis then shared a split home with Calliope and her huspig,  Admiral Noah,
until Noah too passed late December 2004. Elvis and Calliope  quickly found
each other and joined pig pens to be a couple for the past 8  months.

Elvis was a wonderful little soul, with the perfect, "who, ME?"  look that
melted anyone's heart. He perfected the art of "hammock lounging",  which was
copied by several pigs who met him via the several Pignics he  attended
throughout the years. (Who could blame the other pigs for having  hammock
envy? He looked GOOOOOD lounging in his pigpad!) At almost 8 years  of age,
he was quite spry for an old guy and would give Calliope a run for  her
romaine. His precious little wheeks will be missed by all in the Shaffer
household.

In the meantime, Lady Calliope is beside herself being  alone. She's never
lived without companionship and would like to relocate  and and share space
with some young boar or sow who would like to be "kept".  (As we all know,
those of royalty "keep" others for their companionship and  entertainment.)
If anyone has a sow or neautered boar that would like to  share space with a
confident, attractive, intact 3 year old piglett, please  let me know. She
will come with whatever pellets, hay, and bedding I have,  as well as a nice
piggie palace if the new landlord would like.

Keep  an eye on the skies - when you see your next shooting star, that's Pooh

telling me Elvis has come home to be with her, Toby, and Noah, and all the
other beautiful piggie souls with whom out paths have crossed.

Wheeks  to all,
Brook :(

Regards,

Dana F. Hakes
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House  Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information and lists of  adoptable rabbits at:
_www.tampabayhrs.org_ (http://www.tampabayhrs.org/)
_http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL92.html_
(http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL92.html)

"It  doesn't matter what the kids say. Rabbits are not disposable like a box
of  cereal or a Disney video. They WILL get tired of the rabbits and go on to
the  next toy. YOU will have to deal with the  consequences."