[Gpdd] [SILLY] Piggy songbook -To Lilac

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 16:31:51 EDT 2005

I did think this song was far too sad to be included in the piggie  songbook.
But on reflection, I think we owe it to little Lilac, and piggies like  her
in petshops everywhere, to include it. You may remember George the guinea
pig's father telling us how he'd seen little Lilac, obviously very ill, in a
petstore he'd gone into for food. I remember at the time I so wanted George and
his partner to buy her, but they didn't, and eventually she died, there in the
store. And as a believer in the Rainbow Bridge, it has worried me ever since
-  what happens to all these piggies that never get loving slaves - those that
die  in filthy breeders' cages or laboratories? I tell all mine that when
they get to  The  Bridge they are to round up all the piggies they can find who
have  never known the love of a slave, and we will cross with them and share
our  love.

So, with no apologies for making you cry, here, dedicate to Lilac and all
unloved piggies everywhere, is "Nobody's Pig", sung to the tune of similarly
sentimental "Nobody's Child".

CHORUS:
I'm nobody's pig,
I'm nobody's pig,
Weak and malnourished,  I'm not very big;
No cosy pigloo, and no apple twig,
Nobody wants me, I'm  nobody's pig.

CHORUS

People come for piggies, to take them for their own,
But they all seem  to pass me, and I'm left here, all alone;
I know they'd like to take me, but  when they see I'm ill,
They know I need to see a vet and can't afford the  bill.

CHORUS

No piggie slave to hold me, and feed me when I wheek,
Sometimes I get so  lonely, I just wish that I could speak;
I'd talk about my mother, and  siblings that have died
Because the breeder didn't care, and how I weep  inside.

CHORUS

They tell me there's a rainbow, where all good piggies go;
I hope I get  there someday, but I really need to know:
As well as my dear  parents, and siblings, will there be
Devoted slaves with extra love for  unwanted pigs like me?

CHORUS