[Gpdd] (Misc) Traveling with GPs

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 19:16:36 EDT 2005

Ruth,
I sent some of my babies from Hawaii when my husband and I got new military assignments back to "the Mainland". I shipped the piggers via American; they were in cargo, but it was a pressurized cabin that they shipped horses and other live animals in (I was sending 6 at the time). I believe there are other airlines besides Continental that will allow piggies in with peoples, but I'm not sure.

I've also driven long distance with the piggies; if you do that, make sure you either have a spring-loaded water bottle that won't leak or have some juciy fruits and veggies to offer them when you stop to take breaks. Also be sure not to leave them in a hot car with no air conditioning. (Just common sense there). Actually, driving would probably be less stressful on them than flying, what with having to be handled by strangers on getting jostled around on a noisy plane.

Hope this helps,
Stacy and the Well-traveled Squee Squad