[Gpdd] [misc] Chewing on housing

Lyndsay Hunter lyndsayhunter1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 12:30:35 EDT 2005

Donna,
Our pigs (especially the boy) also thoroughly enjoy(ed) chewing on their coroplast, tape, carpet, anything within reach.  The solution to our dilemma?  Higher sides!  Our coroplast got old and gross, so we bought another (bigger) piece and the sides are about 12 inches high on all sides.  (All necessary tape is on the outside, rather than the top or inside.)  They can't reach the edge, so they can't chew on it.  We have had a chew-free cage for almost a month now!  If you have a cage that requires taping two pieces together, try to put the seam somewhere along the bottom rather than in a corner or up on the sides.  I found that when the seam is under all the litter, they won't go looking for it.

Lyndsay, Mike, and The Pigs