[Gpdd] Misc: Prayers for Brownie Bear, Blessing of the Animals, Dustin Hoffman and Erin's Piggies

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sun Aug 28 10:45:30 EDT 2005

--First of all, we want to join everyone in wishing Brownie Bear a
speedy recovery and prayers for Leah that she be able to understand what
BB needs and help her be strong and patient in tending to her
furdaughter, much beloved by the GPDD members.

-- Next, an announcement: I just learned that October 4 is the feast day
for St. Francis of Assisi. The wheekend closest to that is when many
churches have an annual Blessing of the Animals. Check your local
churches! My husband and I are asking our priest if our church can have
one this year.

--Re: Dustin Hoffman and his guinea pigs! Woohoo! I always thought he
was a cool guy, now there's proof : ) Another ambassador for our pets :)

-- Regarding Erin's post a few days ago looking for homes in the
Tennessee area: Any news on that? I would be happy to take two piggies,
but I live in Houston. I wonder if there is anyone who would be willing
to do a piggie transport train? I could drive 4 - 6 hours one way, to
the areas of Dallas, Shreveport or New Orleans if someone could meet me
in one of those places. This is more of a guess than a realistic
estimate, but it may take 3 or 4 of us to get from Tennessee to Houston
if we each drove a relatively short distance. Then if someone further
west also wanted 1, 2, or 3 piggies we could make arrangements for
Corpus Christi San Antonio Austin or Waco areas.

--Oh, one more thing: About the Petsmart animals: recently during the
week and a half when Snickers and I visited the vet clinic every day, I
saw a Petco employee bringing a petshop bird in for treatment. That was
the second time I saw Petco people bringing their animals to our vets. I
asked her which Petco she worked at. It was one near the clinic.
Thinking about it, I wonder if our vets actively solicit nearby
petstores to bring them their animals who need medical care. Knowing
this particular clinic I would guess they take a proactive stance in
assuring that quality services are available to all demographics in the
pet population. We can each encourage and support our veterinarians who
do this. Even at Petsmarts with Banfield clinics there are probably some
problems they are not equipped to treat. They might welcome additional
support from other clinics.

Well better go. Let me know if you would consider making a little drive
from Erin's area.

Healing wheeks to all piggies and slaves who need them,
Carla and Snowball with the spirit of beautiful Snickers in our hearts