[Gpdd] HEALTH: Murray and his tumor

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Sun Aug 28 18:00:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

My Tribbles had surgery when she was almost 5 years old and she did just
fine. It was for removal of a stone.  She lived to be 5 1/2 years.  I don't
think the surgery had anything to do with her death.

Sounds like the best thing for Murray would be the surgery.  If he does pass
away during it at least you will feel you tried to help.  No matter which
way you go there always seem to be hard choices sometimes.  After loosing a
piggie it is hard not to say "what if".  I always tell others not to do it,
but usually do it myself!

Love him up good and do what you and your vet think is best.

Dee and the Patriot Piggs:  Juliet and Peaches
www.sunnyday1.blinkz.com

> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:00:36 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Lisa Choiniere <lmchoiniere at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Gpdd] HEALTH: Murray and his tumor
> To: gpdd at gpdd.org
>
> Hi all,
>
> Murray's tumor keeps exapanding and has ulcerated which is not a good
sign. He acts so happy though. I knew he was feeling good when he started
chewing on the bars! That is one of his favorite pastimes. Not the
healthiest of pastimes, but he likes to do it and when he was really sick,
he had stopped.

> He has a good appetite and eats whatever I give him. He is on a daily dose
of baytril and half a baby aspirin. I sprinkle some acidophilus from a
capsule on his veggies so he gets his good bacteria since he prefers not to
eat yogurt.

> So here we are at a crossroads of sorts. We can take the tumor off and he
could very well recover because likely the tumor is encapsulated as most
mammary tumors are and as evidenced by this ulceration. Although he may die
from anesthesia. We can leave the tumor and he could at some point become
septic and die from that. So it seems either choice I make could end in his
death.

> So right now surgery is looking more appealing to me. I know we have been
through this conversation before but now the stakes have changed a bit. If
he is going to die, I would rather have him die in his sleep under
anesthetic than waste away due to septicemia. This is so hard... He is such
a good boy. He is 5 years old so he is not a young whipper snapper any
longer but he has a lot of life in him, I can feel it.