[Gpdd] Health: Re: Murray

PamandScoot at aol.com PamandScoot at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 01:50:19 EDT 2005

Lisa,
  About a year ago we had a very wonderful Abyssinian named  "Henry".  Henry
developed a tumor on his cheek that seemed to develop over  night and as time
went on it go so large that he couldn't see through his eye  because of the
size .  We took him into the vet and they ran tests  etc. The Vet determined it
wasn't his Teeth or his jaw and figured the  tumor was probably cancer.  The
Vet we saw told us at the time that Henry  was losing weight and was too small
to chance the Anesthesia risk.  He was  losing weight because he couldn't get
his head into the dish to eat.  We  tried to feed him as well as a different
diet etc.  He just didn't  respond.  He was trying so hard to feel well, but
each day it was getting  harder for him.  You made mention that you needed to
make the right  decision for him.  The Vet told us that too, but he told us to
ask  ourselves one question: " Were we keeping him alive in the state he was in
 for him or for us? "  Although he was my Daughter's pet I  took care of him
the most.  He was my buddy, but I knew in my heart  that I had to let him go.
It was one of  the hardest days of my  life.  I hope you will find peace in
the decision you make and please know  you aren't the only one out there with a
heavy heart.
Pam