[Gpdd] HEALTH: My Murray

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 19:17:12 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone for your prayers but today did not go as expected. Murray did not have surgery. As he was being prepped, my vet was palpating all around the tumor and he thought it was attached to the muscle wall which is unusual for a mammary tumor. So he didn't know if it would go through the muscle wall or not which of course could increase the risk of the surgery a hundredfold if he actually had to penetrate the abdominal cavity.

Then because of where the necrotic tissue is, he would not have had enough skin left to sew him up properly once he debrided all the dead tissue. He would have had to tighten the skin between Murr-burr's tummy and his leg and so Murray would have probably lost use of his leg and been in a lot of pain and more than likely ripped himself open.

The vet called me and we talked about it and decided that I did not want Murray to go through that. So... Murray is going to be pampered and coddled and given the best of everything until he tells me it is time and then I will be brave enough to let him go... Unfortunately we still have to keep his wound clean but I did buy him some of his most favorite veggies that I did not get the other pigs and I am sure he will be pleased knowing he is singled out with this sort of treatment. He also gets V-8 juice syringed to him, kinda like Leah's "power hour" which he thinks is quite fantastic too.

Thank you again for your prayers. He is such a special guy... I just can't believe someone walked away from him but their loss is my gain. Murr-burr is my little treasure....

Take care everyone and again, thank you!
Lisa and Murray, and everyone at Wheeks and Squeaks