[Gpdd] Health: Syringing Tips...

Mcneil, Leah CIV N81-BRANCH leah.mcneil at navy.mil
Fri Dec 2 18:59:37 EST 2005

Hola!
A fellow Slave asked me for the syringing
tips that I sent Birdie, and I figured I might
as well send them to the Digest. It can never
hurt to have more syringing tips...Wheeeek!
----

...I pretty much syringe Brownie Bear extra water every day.
Now, I've been syringing her 'stuff' for years now, so at this
point, I literally can hold her in my left hand and syringe her
with my right hand. Can you imagine that sight?!? It's funny
to see and my Hubby laughs at me, because I'm so good
with my girl. :-)

But, it wasn't always this way. That Sassy Bear loves to
fight me. So, here's what I usually do:

I put a towel in my lap and then put BB on the towel (in my
lap). And then I sort of use my left hand to control her face
while her front paws are resting on that same hand. I hope
I'm making sense. In other words, her front paws are on my
left hand and I use my thumb and index finger (on my left
hand) to sort of hold her chin still. But, I don't use force, so
she can still move her face, so I try to get her body as close
to mine as possible to limit movement.

So, then I syringe away with my right hand...Yum! Yum!

And check this out, my Butterscotch...
now he's the easiest piggie I've ever had to syringe. Since
I syringe B-Bear so much, he thinks it's a Treat to be syringed!
So, I can syringe him pretty much anywhere. Like, all I do with
him is show him the syringe, and then he'll run over to it and suck
away! ha ha Can you believe that?!?!?

There is never a dull moment with our piggies!!!
----

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeps,
         BB, BS, and me :-)