[Gpdd] anouncement--RIP: Sam & Bear-

DEB GANLEY debg43 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 3 00:32:20 EST 2005

Two good friends of mine lost their pigs over the last wheek--Sam, Ellie's pig, passed over the Bridge last Fri, the day after Thanksgiving. Ellie loved Sam to pieces, as we all did--he was a wonderful guy.  I think his pigture can be seen at meyerfamilyguineapigranch.freehomepage.com (sorry if that didn't link)---

I also got a call from  Jeri tonite--Bear passed away in her arms about 15 minutes before she called me.  Bear had suffered from a brain disease for the last few months, attributed to bunnies in the past--he had  many seizures over the past month or so, had a hard time eating & standing--she did all she could for him but it didn't work out for them.  He seemed to have a burst of energy the last week & gave Jeri a lot of hope--apparently this was Bear's last stand.  He was my little nephew/God-son, only about a year old--we're all devastated at losing him.

I'm so blessed with my girls--even with Potter (almost age 5) & Emma's surgeries for lipomas, they're so healthy & active.  I don't know why I'm so lucky with my pigs, & my friends have had to face the inevitable--it ain't fair to any of us.  We can just enjoy & love our babies for as long as we can--no telling when it'll happen to any of us.  Please keep Ellie & Jeri in your thoughts at this rough time.  Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma