[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR: re:Upset Piggy

EVE BLACKE shiksachick at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:33:27 EST 2005

Hi to Gina and Sir Piggy,

I've gone through something similar with my new piggie Paddington.  The
first month that I had him it seemed like I could do nothing right.  He just
didn't want to be held by me and made angry squeaks whenever I tried.  It
was very upsetting as my previous pig Hollister was extremely social and
just loved to be held and stroked (I had lost Hollister to old age and
adopted Paddington 2 weeks after).  I learned through trial and error that
Paddington likes to leap about after mealtimes...he just isn't interested in
sitting in my lap...he has some serious dancing to do!!  Maybe Sir Piggy is
trying to tell you something similar?   My bond with Paddy has grown as I
learned to recognize his 'downtime' and began to cuddle him then.  What a
difference!!  He stretches out and trills and trucks in my lap.  Sometimes
for 15 minutes, usually around 20-30 minutes and once I was privileged to
have him stretch out contented for close to an hour!  When he's done, he
starts getting very ancy and starts squeaking in an urgent manner and pullng
at the blanket and leaping about...he is just plain done!  I'm a little sad
that he isn't a total lappig but I'm beginning to appreciate his other
unique qualities....like his leaping!

I'm positive with a little more time, you and Sir Piggy will learn to
understand each other and your laptime will be more enjoyable!

Wishing you the best, Eve along with Hamlet and Ophelia (my old guys) and
Paddington the leaper